STRATEGIC FOCUS AREAS 2017-2020
The area cooperative enterprise will focus on the following strategic areas during the period under review;-
• Registration as Area cooperative enterprise.
• Mobilization of internal and external resources for establishing permanent office premises for the ACE.
• Recruitment and employment of technical staff to facilitate the day -today operations of the organization.
• Strengthening of existing RPO's in governance, record keeping and resource Mobilization.
• Construction of permanent storage facilities for collective bulking and marketing.
• Procurement and acquisition of ICT equipments.
• To unite and harness all farmers in Kasese District engaged in agricultural and agribusiness enterprises.
• To organize rural producer Organizations (RPO's) through trainings and capacity building.
• To undertake and promote collective bulking and marketing of coffee, beans, maize and cotton thus enabling the sustainability of the ACE.
• To start and promote climate smart agriculture that ensures protection of the environment..
• To promote and develop appropriate technologies for ago-processing of farmers produce.
• To harness the abundant water resource in the District developing mini-irrigation systems to avert dependence on rain-fed agriculture.
• To provide relevant services to the members and RPO's through promotion of usage of lmproved seed, and value addition.
• To provide financial literacy and linkages to micro finance service providers aimed at strengthening members business enterprises.
• To promote, encourage and develop a diversified agro-business involving a variety of crops and livestock production in the District at the end.
• To develop modern agricultural methods for productivity and better yields in the District.
• To identify areas, which require innovations and adoptions, research and improvements, and to research in such areas for improvement of our farming methods. crops, livestock and agro-related industries in the District.